Paleo/Primal Diet Resources in Vancouver, BC Area:
- Pasture to Plate: 100% grass fed and grass finished (pastured), certified organic beef, lamb, pork, poultry, goat.
- Ethical Kitchen Restaurant and Store: Serves and sells “Pasture to Plate” grass fed (pastured) meat. Their store stocks fermented cod liver oil, x-factor butter oil, coconut ghee (coconut oil and grass-fed ghee blend), grass-fed ghee, organic olive oil, coconut cream, organic palm oil, Redmond salt, grass-fed dairy products, goat products, Kombucha tea sodas, chocolate. They also have a buying club.
Ethical Kitchen, 1600 Mackay Rd., North Vancouver, BC (Phone: 604-988-6280)
- Tuesday to Friday: 9 am to 6 pm (open Fridays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for the buying group pickups only)
- Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Sunday: 10 am to 4 pm
- Drive Organics: Sells “Pasture to Plate” 100% grass-fed (pastured) beef, lamb, pork, poultry
Drive Organics, 1045 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC (Phone: 604-678-9665)
- Mon-Sun: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Alpha Health Products: Certified Organic, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil from Solomon Islands
Alpha Health Products Ltd., Burnaby, BC (Phone: 604-436-0545, 1-800-663-2212)
- Punjab Milk Foods: Nanak-brand Ghee/Clarified Butter (no additives or preservatives) – I found this product at the Walmart in Richmond. It is not pastured, though.
- Meridian Meats & Seafood has grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range lamb and turkey. Bison is grain-finished. Check your local store; not all stores carry all these products all the time.
- Canadian farmers/ranchers selling grass-fed animal products (scroll down on their Web page to find BC)
- Upaya Naturals – Dehydrators, Crock Pots, Yogurt Makers. Primarily a store for Raw Food Vegans, it’s also a Paleo Shopper’s Delight. It has Coconut Products up the Ying-Yang! Here’s a post on just coconut products.