- 8 oz organic potatoes (any kind will work: Russet, red, new, Yukon Gold, purple, artisan), peeled, boiled and mashed (leftovers work fine, just heat them up before adding avocado)
- 1/2 T butter (grass-fed, if possible)
- 1/2 organic avocado, mashed with a splash of lemon juice or coconut vinegar (my favourite because it is mild and mellow, not sharp or acidic)
- Salt (Pink Himalayan Salt and Aztec Sea Salt have wonderful flavours; regular table salt just tastes like sodium chloride – blech!)
Mash hot potatoes with butter. Keep potatoes hot if not serving immediately. Just before serving, fold avocado mixture into potatoes until well blended, salt to taste and serve. Do NOT heat mixture after mashing avocado into potatoes… you will ruin this dish.
1. Fry finely diced red onion or shallots in plenty of butter until well caramelized (~15 minutes). Fold into potatoes before adding avocado. Not included in nutritional breakdown.
2. Chopped chives. Not included in nutritional breakdown.
188 cals, 9.25 gms fat, 23.65 gms carbs, 3.55 gms protein