Paleo Halibut, Coconut Milk and Tomato Stew
A delightful Paleo stew with endless possibilities.
Write a review
- 1/2 red or sweet onion, diced or finely sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated or diced really tiny
- 2-3 T coconut oil, divided
- 1 can coconut milk
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes (try to find them in a BPA-free can or glass jar; you can also use fresh plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped, if you have time)
- 1 pound halibut steak or filet, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 1/2 head cauliflower, stems removed, florets chopped fine in food processor to make cauliflower "rice"
- 1-2 T fresh or bottled lime juice
- Handful cilantro (or flat parsley), chopped
- 1/2-1 tsp sea salt
- Heat 1-1/12 T of coconut oil until it shimmers.
- Cook onion until it starts to caramelize.
- Add ginger and cauliflower "rice." Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining coconut oil and halibut chunks. Stir until halibut starts to whiten on the edges/sides.
- Add tomatoes, stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, cover and cook about 5 more minutes until halibut is done.
- Uncover, add salt to taste, chopped cilantro and other tender, mild greens, if using. Stir until greens are wilted.
- Variations: Add tender, mild greens at the end of cooking like watercress or baby spinach. You can substitute cooked chicken breast chunks for the halibut.
Carnivore Health http://carnivorehealth.com/